Try our new products, Fresh Fish Soup with Saffron, and our Smoked Salmon Pâtés,
and Mackerel, lovingly handmade
by your team at Pryke's.
Visit the shop
2B Circus Street (rear of 26 Royal Hill)
Royal Greenwich, SE10 8SG
Tel: 07880 541 485
Monday - closed
Tuesday - friday
8am - 5pm
7:30am - 4:30pm
10am - 3pm
PRYKE'S SHELLFISH BOUILLABASE
- 8 Scallops cut in Half
- 8 Langoustines
- 1 Packet of Pasteurised Crab
- 2 Bulbs of Fennel
- 2 Carrots
- 20g of Chopped Chervil (optional)
- 20g of Chopped Chives (opional)
- 2 Pots of Pryke's Fresh Fish Soup with Saffron
- Knob of unsalted butter
- 50g of White Wine or Pernod
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1. Boil a pot of salted water.
- 2. Dice the carrot and fennel into 1⁄2 cm squares.
- 3. Sauté the vegetables in a pan at a medium heat.
- 4. Cook the langoustines in the boiling hot water for three minutes. When cooked plunge into ice cold water. Once cooled, peel the shells and place in the fridge under cling film.
- 5. When the vegetables are tender and golden, add your white wine or Pernod and reduce until a glaze. Leave the pan on the side whilst you cook the scallops.
- 6. Heat a pan to a medium heat, cook the scallops until the edges are caramelised and brown. Add Pryke’s Fish Soup, then the vegetables, and bring to the boil until the scallops are almost cooked.
- 7. Just before serving, add the langoustine tails and crab meat and bring back to the boil, add chopped chervil and chives.
- 8. Serve in a big bowl and enjoy!